Sunday, July 20, 2008

Astrid Lingren's World!!!

kisses from Pippi!

What a fun place we visited today! This is Astrid Lingren's World... a fun fantasy place! Astrid wrote many gorgeous children's stories such as Pippi Longstocking!!! Last year she would have been 100 so you can imagine the Pippi hype! This place was an adventure park with trails leading to all of her stories. These Swedish children grow up reading Astrid's stories which their Grandparents would even read. So many smiling faces and excitement and giggles! Our little girl is a big Pippi fan and was in HEAVEN when she saw her from a distance! We have been reading her the Astrid Lingren stories since she was a baby. Then I got that crazy mom adrenaline pumping and darnit I had to get CLOSER!!!!! I pushed my way in and out of little children and their Mammas & Pappas and got right behind her. Then I so crazy lifted her onto a wooden railing over my head and had her balance as I caught my breath and surprise surprise that Pippi took Isabelle from me (thank God as my arms were jell-o) and hugged her and gave her a big KISS! Wow was Belle in a daze the entire day. Kept saying "I hugged her, and kisses! oh Pippi's so cute!" hahahah where these children's imaginations go is what inspires me...

No comments: